Civil Engineering Professor and Chair of the Construction Project Management program, Dr. Awad Hanna (middle), was recently elected to the National Academy of Construction. Dr. Hanna is honored to join the ranks of these esteemed professionals and excited for the future collaborative partnerships it may bring.
The U.S. Department of Transportation designated Wisconsin as 1 of only 10 AV Proving Grounds in the nation. Researchers within the College of Engineering are committed to the safe and rapid advancement of automated vehicles and will assess the benefits, technical aspects, and risks of AV, as well as collaborate on policy issues with government.
A recent addition to the CEE faculty, assistant professor Nimish Pujara, has already utilized the Water and Science Engineering Laboratory to research the fundamental processes of coasts. He plans to use his research to educate his students on managing and protecting coastlines.
Vilas Distinguished Achievement professor, Trina McMahon, was recently awarded a grand prize for the International Society for Microbial Ecology/International Water Association Bio Cluster Award.
The department offers several academic degree programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Geological Engineering
- Master of Science or PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Master of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering– Accelerated Option
- Master of Science or PhD in Geological Engineering
- Master of Science or PhD in Environmental Chemistry and Technology
- Online Master of Engineering in Environmental Engineering
Research and Initiatives
CEE faculty and students engage in research in several focus areas under our three primary themes of Mobility, Water, and Building with cross-cutting areas of Infrastructure, Energy, and the Environment.