The University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Engineering rose to 13th nationally among undergraduate engineering programs—and seventh among public doctoral-granting institutions—in the latest U.S. News & World Report college rankings.
The college also earned rankings for nine undergraduate engineering specialties in the 2021 edition of America’s Best Colleges:
• Biomedical engineering #29 (12th among publics)
• Chemical Engineering #10 (7th)
• Civil Engineering #16 (11th)
• Computer Engineering #15 (10th)
• Electrical Engineering #16 (9th)
• Environmental Engineering #16 (9th)
• Industrial #12 (9th)
• Materials Engineering #17 (10th)
• Mechanical Engineering #19 (11th)
Last year, the college was ranked 15th nationally. UW-Madison climbed to 42nd overall and 13th among public universities.