Working with the college communications office
Engineering External Relations
Engineering External Relations is the communications unit for the College of Engineering. Our mission is to share stories of the world-class research, education and outreach emerging from the University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Engineering. We reach alumni, friends, industry leaders, peer institutions and the public, as well as internal audiences, through print and digital communications and by working with external media outlets.
Engineering External Relations Staff
Renee Meiller, Director of Communications
(608) 262-2481, firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam Malecek, News Manager
(608) 890-3652, email@example.com
Sam Million-Weaver, Science Writer
(608) 263-5988, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Ziemer, Science Writer
(608) 265-8669, email@example.com
Sarah Page, Graphic Designer
(608) 263-1015, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to work with Engineering External Relations
The Engineering External Relations Office produces stories, newsletters (both print and digital) and other materials on behalf of the college and its departments and units.
To submit story ideas or discuss publications or other communications collateral, faculty or staff should contact their department’s assigned writer:
- Biomedical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering: Tom Ziemer
- Chemical & Biological Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering: Sam Million-Weaver
- Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Physics: Adam Malecek
To connect with one of the College of Engineering’s experts, contact Renee Meiller at email@example.com or (608) 262-2481. For after-hours inquiries, call (608) 347-9885.