“Employers know when they see a College of Engineering graduate that they are going to be a really strong performer on their team and someone that is going to have a lot to offer.
— Nicole Rybeck, GE Healthcare
Support for Students
The UW-Madison College of Engineering is committed to establishing and nurturing partnerships with industry that enable us to advance the development of tomorrow’s leaders through education. By participating in our Employer Partner Program, your company can be part of this important process, which will allow you to engage more closely with our students and departments throughout the recruitment process.
Our CORPORATE PARTNERS PROGRAM supports students by providing the necessary resources for developing successful engineering leaders. Among those resources are career fairs; my ECS, our online recruiting system; and our Diversity Affairs Office. Not only do these resources provide an insight to the industry, they also help sustain long-term engagements for mutually beneficial goals.
Support for Students
We host two large, multi-day Career Connection events each academic year. During these fairs, engineering students seeking internships, co-operative experiences and full-time employment can learn about the work environment, find information about training programs, participate in interviews, and gain experience in a professional setting. These career fairs give you the opportunity to network with qualified students who are aiming to develop their professional degree through involvement with the industry.
myECS is our online recruiting system that is tailored to the needs of employers recruiting Engineering and related STEM majors. The system delivers interactive recruitment resources for employers, including searchable online resume books and the ability to post jobs, request on-campus interviews, register for career fairs, and other events. Students have free access to my ECS and utilize the system as their gateway into the industry. Here you can connect with students and maximize your recruitment capabilities.
The College of Engineering is committed to helping you recruit academically excellent and creative students who are diverse in gender, race, ethnicity and socioeconomic representation. The Diversity Affairs Office (DAO) upholds this objective by providing support for underrepresented undergraduate students in the college. This support comes in the form of scholarships, academic advising, professional and leadership development, and a strong mentoring community. By recruiting from the College, you are being immersed into our diverse community of gifted engineering students.
“We keep coming back to UW because the students have consistent skills and background knowledge.”
—Jessica Frommgen, Spectrum Brands
Corporate Partners Program
The CORPORATE PARTNERS PROGRAM works to create tailored opportunities that ensure your corporate presence with the university is value-added and visible to our unique student body. This visibility increases your ability to explore human resource potential, help our students prepare for the workplace, develop relationships with faculty and staff, and create vital linkages with one of the top engineering programs in the world.
Read on to learn about our CORPORATE PARTNERS PROGRAM and the benefits of being involved.
CORPORATE PARTNERS PROGRAM BENEFITS:
- One free career fair (limit 1 table)
- Preferred choice of on-campus interview and career fair dates
- Welcoming message on social media outlets of the Corporate Partners Program with link to employers website or careers site
- Logo/link displayed on Engineering Career Services website and on Corporate Partners Program page on College of Engineering website
- Logo displayed on available poster/electronic screen displays throughout College of Engineering
- Opportunity to organize mock interview or information sessions
- Branding recognition at all career fairs
- Email blast to targeted students relating to employer’s job postings, special event or info session
- Invitation to participate in the Diversity Spring Welcome event
- Invitation to participate in the Industry Showcase during Innovation Days
- Advance interview schedule sign up prior to career fairs
- Assistance in executing student recruiting events
- Sponsor of Engineering Career Services Job Search Guide when published
- Employer name and logo on all career fair materials distributed to students
Benefits of Bronze, plus:
- Two free career fairs (Limit 2 tables)
- Host a corporate day on the College of Engineering campus
- Support in executing engagement strategy with student organizations and departments, including revenue sharing to streamline campus efforts
- Opportunity to have a corporate executive speak to students within a department
Benefits of Bronze and Silver, plus:
- Multiple info sessions & tech talks throughout the year
- Execute employer meet & greet in desired academic department
- Opportunity to display organization video/promo (30 seconds max) on video boards throughout engineering accompanied with social media postings to engineering pages
- Article in Perspective magazine highlighting UW-Madison engineering alumni within the organization and the organization’s connection to the college
“The people we bring on and that work out well for us are really excited about engineering, the new products they can create and the opportunity to contribute to something. That is something the College of Engineering does a great job with.”
—Brian Borkovec, Extreme Engineering Solutions
For questions or to get started, please contact:
Justin Hines – Director of Corporate Relations