Letters and Science Major
For non L&S Students wishing to Declare or Cancel a Letters and Science (L&S) Major or Certificate:
- Download the L&S Major/Certification/Option Declaration/Cancellation Form
- Advisor and student fill out the form. Please note:
- The form must be signed and dated by both the student and a representative of the Major Department.
- The form must include the name, phone, and email address of the departmental faculty or staff advisor associated with the major. Departments may designate an individual who serves as a “general advising contact.”
- Distribute copies to:
- Relevant Major Department(s)
- L&S Student Academic Affairs Policy Group (70 Bascom Hall)
- Student Academic Affairs (or similar) of the School/College in which the student is enrolled.
- The student’s School/College student academic affairs office will update the student’s program in SIS, add the advisor to new Program/Plan advisor panel, and delete old Program/Plan Advisor row if no other major is declared.