The Department of Engineering Physics integrates fundamental physics, mathematics, and engineering principles to solve societal problems, from cancer and heart disease to clean energy to space travel, while educating new generations of leaders.
Gaining traction: Discovery sheds new light on how cells move Read more.
New international fusion lab will drive stellarator innovation <a href="https://www.engr.wisc.edu/news/new-international-fusion-lab-will-drive-stellarator-innovation/?utm_medium=Social
Strengthening nuclear security with computational tools Read more.
A broader reach: Expanded role for UW-Madison reactor adds value to industry Read more.
Our department is a unique community in that we offer several academic degrees that allow you to specialize in the discipline of your choice, yet through your experiences here, you can interact with faculty, staff and students in each degree program.
Our academic degrees
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Mechanics
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Mechanics – Fundamentals of Applied Mechanics option
- Master of Science and PhD in Engineering Mechanics
- Master of Science and PhD in Nuclear Engineering and Engineering Physics