Master of Engineering in Civil and Environmental Engineering
Is this program right for you?
The UW-Madison online Master of Engineering named option in Environmental Engineering is ideal for recent engineering graduates and mid-career engineers who want to take on advanced roles and responsibilities. The program helps students develop a broad and deep understanding of environmental challenges and environmental engineering solutions for our most pressing problems, and develop the skills to lead teams and build relationships with stakeholders. The curriculum was designed based on extensive surveys of engineers and employers, along with guidelines developed by the American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists.
Our delivery method sets us apart from other degree programs. Though the classes are online, the courses are very interactive. Our weekly live web sessions are scheduled to meet the needs of working professionals and help to build a collaborative learning environment between students and instructors. You will work closely with world-class faculty based at a highly-respected institution, recognized by top employers around the world. You will also have weekly interactions with a cohort of other professional engineers, which fosters the sharing of knowledge, expertise, and networks.
What You Learn
- Apply concepts of key environmental engineering design principles
- Use advanced engineering tools, risk assessments, conceptual analysis, and systems and creative design to assess problems and provide solutions
- Work effectively across technical and organizational boundaries
- Synthesize technical knowledge and demonstrate competencies in leadership, communication, and project management
Where You Learn
- Online; includes a series of required courses, approved electives, and a capstone design project
How You Learn
- Using the internet, live web conferencing, and software applications to participate
- Interact regularly with other professional engineers and our renowned faculty
- Complete your curriculum on a semester schedule, but choose when to do most of your work each week, as your schedule and timeline allow
Highly Ranked Program
The Online Master of Engineering in Environmental Engineering was recently ranked highly by The Best Masters Degrees.