Cross-Campus students are UW-Madison students in other schools and colleges on campus (e.g., L&S, CCAS, CALS,)
If you wish to apply to a degree granting engineering department here are some quick facts you must know before you apply:
immediately, students not currently in the College of Engineering may
apply a maximum of two times to the College of Engineering.
2. 80 Credit Limit-
Students who have earned more than 80 credits at the time of
application are not eligible to apply for transfer admission to the
College of Engineering.
The 80 credits include:
credits completed at the time of application, including UW-Madison
credits and transferable credits from other colleges and universities
The 80 credits do not include:
· In-progress credits (at the time of application)
· Retroactive foreign language credits
· Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) credits
· GCE Advanced Level (A-Level) credits
· UW-Madison calculus credits awarded by examination
credit limit does not apply to candidates at other institutions who are
in transfer agreement programs with the College of Engineering. The credit limit does apply to individuals who have completed a bachelor's degree*
3. You must meet the General College Requirements for Cross-Campus Students to qualify to apply to a degree-granting department. The application process for Cross-Campus students also includes additional requirements and considerations.
4. If you satisfy the 3 requirements mentioned above, you can apply by submitting the Application to Transfer into a Degree-granting Engineering Program (requires UW-Madison NetID).