Complement your degree program with a certificate.
In addition to our engineering majors, you also can choose from a broad range of certificate programs that are designed to enhance your education, expand your skill set, and make you a more versatile, marketable engineer. Students need to be in good standing with the College of Engineering to apply for a certificate program. Certificates need to be completed concurrently with your engineering major.
- Biology in Engineering Certificate
- Certificate in Engineering for Energy Sustainability
- Certificate in Engineering Thermal Energy Systems
- Certificate in Integrated Studies in Science, Engineering and Society
- Certificate in International Engineering
- Certificate in Manufacturing Engineering
- Certificate in Nuclear Engineering Materials
- Certificate in Technical Communications
- Certificate in Technical Japanese Studies
Students may also choose to complete a certificate program outside of the College of Engineering. Any second major or certificate program needs to be completed concurrently or before your primary engineering major.
See the UW-Madison Certificates page for a complete list of available certificates.