Connecting with employers who are hiring students after graduation
As a graduating student at the BS, MS or PhD level, we encourage you to utilize ECS in your search for full-time, entry professional positions with government, not-for-profits, and corporations.
May, December, and August graduates are encouraged to begin searching for full-time opportunities the August before graduation.
Fall semester is the most active recruiting period and a popular time for graduating student to receive offers for entry professional employment. Recruiting continues through spring, but large organizations often have full-time hiring completed by December.
NOTE: As a student who is graduating select “entry-level” as your candidate type in myECS. This indicates to employers that you are seeking a position based on your current education.
Timing your Job Search
- Start your search 1-2 semesters prior to your planned first day of professional work
- Attend Career Fairs and sign up for campus interviews through myECS
- Fall semester is the busiest for campus recruiting
- Prepare far in advance:
- December grads: Take advantage of summer to plan for the heavy recruiting fall semester.
- May grads: Still focus on fall semester, as many employers only visit campus once a year.
The spring Career Fair is a good time to attract employers who are hiring immediately after May graduation.
- Assess your skills
- Develop your resume & cover letters
- Salary & statistics
- Negotiating & evaluating offers
- Report your offers in myECS
Additional job search resources are available here