College of Engineering to present achievement awards
The UW-Madison College of Engineering will present 11 Distinguished Service Awards Friday, Oct. 27, at the 48th annual Engineers' Day Dinner. They will go to alumni and faculty previously associated with the college who have had outstanding careers of 20 or more years in engineering or related fields.
Four additional awards will be presented to College of Engineering faculty and staff: The Benjamin Reynolds Smith Award for Excellence in Teaching will go to Chemical and Biological Engineering Professor James A. Dumesic. The Byron Bird Award for Excellence in a Research Publication will be presented to John R. Conrad, professor of Engineering Physics. Richard Casper, senior instrumentation specialist for the Materials Science Center, will receive the Bollinger Academic Staff Achievement Award. The Ragnar E. Onstad Service to Society Award will be presented to Professor C. Allen Wortley, of the Department of Engineering Professional Development.
Recipients of the Distinguished Service Awards are:
- John A. Annin, president and CEO, Herschel Corp.
- Donald E. Cheney, executive vice president, Finley Engineering Co., Inc.
- Do Won Chung, vice chairman and CEO, Kangwon Industries, Ltd.
- Rene M. Dupuis, president, Structural Research, Inc.
- Dong Soo Hur, president and CEO, Honam Oil Refinery Co., Ltd.
- Ronald E. Mengel, director, Engineering Process Teams, Kraft Foods, Oscar Meyer Foods Division
- Juzar Motiwalla, director, Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore
- Chung-Hyun Nam, president, Daewoo Engineering Company
- Mathukumalli Vidyasagar, director, The Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Defense Research Development Organization (India)
- William B. Winter, chairman and CEO (retired), B-E Holdings, Inc., and Bucyrus-Erie Co.
- Tat Ching (Henry) Yu, managing director, Sunnex Products Ltd.