Why Accreditation Matters to Students:
Earning a degree is a significant achievement and an important investment in the future. Since so much of one’s future success depends on one’s educational foundation, the quality of the education one receives makes a big difference.
Earning a degree from an ABET-accredited program:
• Verifies that the quality of the educational experience one has received meets the standards of the profession.
• Increases and enhances employment opportunities.
ABET accreditation can be of great value to a student because:
• It is often required for eligibility for federal student loans, grants, and scholarships.
• Many forms of professional licensure, registration, and certification require graduation from ABET-accredited programs as a minimum qualification.
• Many employers, including the federal government, require graduation from ABET-accredited programs to be eligible for employment in certain fields.
• Multinational corporations are increasingly listing graduation from an ABET-accredited program as a job requirement for positions in offshore locations.
February 7, 2012