Fall Application Deadline (both MS and PhD): January 15
Spring Application Deadline (both MS and PhD): October 1
Summer Application Deadline (both MS and PhD): February 1
RE-ENTRY APPLICANTS: Re-entry applications must be entered online by August 1st for Fall admission consideration and by December 1st for Spring admission consideration. Also, notify the ISyE Graduate Coordinator by e-mail after you have completed your online application.
Note: There is no longer a separate deadline for financial support. We do accept Summer applications, but recommend applying for Fall or Spring, as there are not many Summer courses offered.
Applicants for graduate study in Industrial and Systems Engineering must complete the following steps to officially apply:
1. Applicants can list their recommenders and their contact information as part of the online application. An e-mail will be sent to the recommender, asking that they submit their letter online using the Graduate School’s recommendation form. Applicants can log back into their online application to re-send the e-mail request if the recommender loses the e-mail.
3. Submit a Statement of Purpose. We prefer you copy this statement in your online application, but a paper copy can be also be mailed.
4. Submit three letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically.
Applicants can list their recommenders and their contact information as part of the online application. An e-mail will be sent to the recommender, asking that they submit their letter online using the Graduate School's recommendation form.
5. Ask ETS to submit your GRE and/or TOEFL scores to the UW-Madison Graduate School (Institution Number 1846). If you have your scores sent to UW-Madison, they will be available online to all departments to which you have applied. The institution code, therefore, is the only number needed.
6. Send one copy of your official transcript to the address below. At this time, we do not accept electronic transcripts.
7. Only PhD applicants are required to submit a Resume. This can be uploaded to your online application or sent to the address below.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND DOCUMENTS TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL. ALL DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE MAILED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.
Submit only the documents requested. Submit ONE COPY of each document, either electronically or by mail.
Industrial and Systems Engineering Graduate Admissions
3182 Mechanical Engineering Building
1513 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706-1572