- Applicants must first meet all of the Graduate School Requirements. These requirements include:
- A minimum undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 on the equivalent of the last 60 semester hours (approximately two years of work) or a master's degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- Every applicant whose native language is not English, or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English, must provide an English proficiency test score. Your score is considered too old, and will not be accepted, if it is more than 2 years old from the start of your admission term.
The required minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 550 for paper test, 213 for computer, and 80 for internet (iBT)
- MELAB: 77
- IELTS: 6
- Applicants are required to take the GRE exam and submit their scores. However, the ISyE Department does not have an official minimum GRE requirement. In general, admitted students tend to have a total average of 1100 and a Quantitative score of 750 or above. To be fair to all applicants, we cannot allow any GRE waivers.
- Applicants must then also meet the Industrial & Systems Engineering admission requirements, which are:
Note: Depending on an applicant's background, applicants may be deficient in up to two Pre-Requisite courses.