Welcome to the College of Engineering community. With nine departments and more than 1,300 graduate and PhD students, we consistently rank among the top engineering programs in the country. The college is home to 44 research centers covering a wide range of topics. College faculty and staff report more than a hundred invention disclosures each year, and many faculty have received prestigious National Science Foundation Presidential Young Investigator, Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers or Faculty Early Career Development Awards. Almost 20 professors have been named to the National Academy of Engineering.
Admission for graduate students is handled directly by graduate-level degree programs within the college. Find information about academic departments and other resources provided on this page to learn more about taking your engineering degree to the next level.
Read this boston.com blog post, “Should you go to grad school? Yes, if ... ” by alumnus Soren Harrison, who earned his master's degree in nuclear engineering and engineering physics in 2005 and his PhD in the same discipline in 2008.
GRADUATE STUDENT NEWS
- CEE, GLE researchers win best paper award at coal ash conference
- Innovative BME design studio sets UW-Madison apart
- Wisconsin engineers contribute to Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam discussion
- Taking the long view on diversity in engineering
- Device to assist infant delivery wins Tong Award at BME Design Expo
- A hands-on education in hardware security
- Fellowship empowers PhD student to pursue novel research
- CEE graduate student earns ASCE Leisch Fellowship
- Fall deadlines
- Spring deadlines
- Summer session
- New Educators' Orientation (NEO)
- Rules and regulations
- Teaching and Learning Services
- Teaching Improvement Program (TIP)
Find College of Engineering faculty by department or research interests at the college faculty directory.