Focus on new faculty: Jennifer Choy, taking precision to new levels with quantum systems Read more.
Learning by doing: Undergrad embraces innovation in nuclear Read more.
Lift off, Wisconsin! Student team shoots for the stars in rocket contest Read more.
Participants in the meeting of the International Tokamak Physics Activity Divertor and Plasma Edge section at UW-Madison in December 2018. Read more.
The Department of Engineering Physics integrates fundamental physics, mathematics, and engineering principles to solve societal problems while educating new generations of technical leaders.
Our department is a unique community in that we offer several academic degrees that allow you to specialize in the discipline of your choice, yet through your experiences here, you can interact with faculty, staff and students in each degree program.
Our academic degrees
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Mechanics
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering
- Master of Science in Engineering Mechanics – Fundamentals of Applied Mechanics option
- Master of Science and PhD in Engineering Mechanics
- Master of Science and PhD in Nuclear Engineering and Engineering Physics