Instructions on Appeal of "Drop" Status
Your academic performance has placed you in "drop" status. You were dropped for one or more of the following reasons:
• You were a student in good academic standing but passed fewer than half of the credits attempted this semester.
• You were a student on academic probation this semester and
- attained a term GPA of less than 2.0 or
- passed fewer than 12 credits without part-time permission or
- passed fewer than 3/4 of the credits attempted with part-time permission
The College of Engineering Regulation that explains the drop policy can be found at http://www.engr.wisc.edu/current/coe-enrollment-regulations.html#31.
If you wish to appeal your drop status, you may do so by writing and must be filed no later than noon on Friday, January 11, 2013.
Procedure for appealing "Drop" status:
1. Prepare a personal letter of appeal, no more than one, single-spaced page with one-inch margins and 12 point font. This letter should include:
a. Name, campus ID number and email address.
b. Your department or "EGR" if you are not yet in a department.
c. Brief explanation of the academic difficulties that you faced.
d. Brief explanation of the extenuating circumstances you believe should be considered.
e. Brief statement explaining why you desire to continue.
f. Brief outline of how you plan to address the issues that contributed to your poor academic performance.
2. Attach documentation supporting your extenuating circumstances.
3. Email your letter to: email@example.com
Fax it to: 608-265-3501
Engineering General Resources
1150 Engineering Hall
1415 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706
- Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE)
- Diversity Affairs Office (DAO)
- Engineering Career Services (ECS)
- Engineering General Resources
- International Engineering Studies and Programs
- Student Leadership Center
- Transfer students
- Re-entry students
- Returning adults/Second degree
- Wendt Commons