General College Requirements
All entering engineering students must complete the following General College Requirements (GCR) prior to entering a degree-granting program in the College of Engineering. To meet the GCR, students must satisfy all five specific requirements, and must earn at least 24 degree credits with a grade point average of at least 2.00 for all courses, and a grade point of at least 2.50 for specified calculus, statistics, chemistry, computer science, statics and physics courses. The courses which apply to calculating the Math/Science GPA can be found on the Math/Science GPA calculator form.
- Fulfillment of Communication A General Education Requirement*
- Physics*: either EMA 201 or Physics 201
- Chemistry *: Either Chem 109 or Chem103/104
- Introduction to Engineering course** from either:
- InterEGR 160: Intro to Engineering Design
- InterEGR 101: Contemporary Issues in the Engineering Profession (Fall semester only)
- InterEGR 102: Introduction to Society's Engineering Grand Challenges
- InterEGR 103: Core Competencies for Engineering Leaders
- ECE 252: Introduction to Computer Engineering (Does not fulfill the Intro to Engineering Requirement for students intending Electrical Engineering - see ECE curriculum handbook)
- Math*: Math 221 (or 217 or 275) and 222 (or 276)
* Credit will be given for appropriate AP, transfer work, or other advanced standing credits.
**Recommended but not required for transfer students.
Related college regulation: (College regulation 3.b)