Academic Advising for current undergraduate students
All EGR students are welcome at any time to discuss a wide variety of topics with their advisor including:
- Personal interests and career goals
- Majors in or outside of engineering
- Curriculum requirements and course selection
- Academic support, such as tutoring services and study groups
- Admission to engineering departments
- Extracurricular activities
- Campus resources and services
- Referrals for nonacademic problems
To schedule an appointment call 608-262-2473 or stop by the EGR Office in Engineering Hall - 1st floor by the deli
This is a first come, first-served type of appointment and expected to address quick questions. Appointments are 15 minutes or less.
||—||—|| 10:00 AM-Noon
||—|| 10:00 AM-Noon
|Heather Mialik||2:00-4:00 PM||—||—||—||—|
|Maria Mostek||—||1:30-3:30 PM||—||—||—|
|Bonnie Schmidt||—||10:00 AM-Noon||1:00-2:00 PM||—||—|
EGR Group Advising Event (Fall & Spring)
As EGR students you will have a registration hold and are required to receive advising before registering for your upcoming semester courses. To release this hold, please read the instructions below:
1st and 2nd year EGR students:
WHO: All 1st and 2nd year EGR students are required to attend Fall Group Advising.
- 1st year EGR Students are required to attend a 1 hour group advising session in order to remove their advising hold.
- 2nd year EGR Students are required to attend the event with the option to meet with an advisor and visit the resource fair.
Please refer to the attached "Fall 2012 EGR Advising Event" schedule (PDF) when choosing which session to attend. There will also be a resource fair related to certificates, academic support, and student development. Refer to the attached "Resource Fair Guide".
WHEN: Coming soon...
WHERE: Engineering Centers Building
Resource Fair Schedule for both Monday and Tuesday
To prepare for the advising session, please bring a copy of your DARS report. You can learn about DARS and how to request and print a report by visiting the following link:
3rd Year EGR students (5th semester):
If you are an EGR student in your 3rd year or 5th semester (summer sessions don’t count), you must see your EGR advisor to clear your advising hold. Call 608-262-2473 to schedule an appointment.
EGR students who have officially transferred out of engineering:
If you have officially transferred out of the College of Engineering, check MyUW to find out if an advising hold has been placed on your registration. If an advising hold is active, e-mail your former EGR advisor or email EGRadvisor@engr.wisc.edu to have the hold removed. Please mention your name, ID number, new major (if you have chosen one), list of classes, and new school or college (for example, Letters & Science).
EGR students who are planning on transferring out of engineering:
If you are thinking of transferring out of engineering, you can either:
- Attend a Cross College Advising Service (CCAS) presentation. CCAS will be present at the Group Advising Event on Friday, October 26th from 1pm-2pm and Monday, October 29th from 3pm-4pm.
- See another advisor on campus to learn more about what classes you need for your new major. Afterwards, e-mail your EGR advisor to have the hold removed. Please include your name, ID number, new major (if you have chosen one), list of classes, and the name of the advisor you met with. Do this at least a week before your expected registration time, in case there are complications. Note: You must register for a minimum of 12 credits.
EGR students on probation, continued probation or re-entry students
All EGR students on academic probation, continued probation or re-admitted on probation are required to meet with their EGR advisor the first two weeks of the semester to discuss their completed self-assessment form and their academic plans.