Diversity Affairs Office (DAO) Scholarships
Alliant Energy Foundation Scholarship
Current UW-Madison undergraduates only may apply for this scholarship. Alliant Energy Foundation will award two undergraduate scholarships of $2,500 for students from targeted minorities who are in their engineering department. Preference will be given to students majoring in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems and Industrial Engineering; and also possibly Engineering Physics and Civil and Environmental Engineering. This is a one-time scholarship.
Incoming freshmen only may apply for this scholarship. Applicants must be high school seniors who have participated in the FIRST Program and will pursue a degree in engineering. This is a $1000 scholarship renewable for up to five years. Preference given to applicants underrepresented in engineering.
Current UW-Madison undergraduates only may apply for this scholarship awarded to a female underrepresented minority in engineering. Applicants must already be in their engineering department and the scholarship is renewable until graduation. This is a $5000/year award.
Incoming freshmen only may apply for this competitive scholarship designed to attract academically talented students who are underrepresented in engineering. Scholarship awards range from $500-$5000 and may be renewable up to five years.
Rockwell Automation Scholarship
Incoming freshmen only may apply for this full-tuition scholarship designed to attract academically talented students who are underrepresented in engineering. Applicants must be a Wisconsin resident and have attended a Rockwell Automation partner school: Bradley Technology & Trade, South Division, Washington, Riverside, or Rufus King High School. Scholarship is renewable for up to five years.
Rodney Hassett Scholarship
Incoming freshmen only may apply for this scholarship. Applicants must identify as African American and be attending Rufus King High School or another high school in the Milwaukee area. The scholarship award is $5000/year and is renewable for up to five years.
For more information about our DAO scholarships or to ask if you are eligible to apply - please contact Desiree Alva at email@example.com.
For more information about UW-Madison's general engineering scholarships, please visit - Scholarship Opportunities in Engineering.
Undergraduate/Graduate Research and Academic Scholarships
- Campuswide Awards - For research, service, academic achievement, financial need, etc.
- Nationally Competitive Scholarships - For sophomores, juniors, and seniors interested in research
Campus Academic Scholarships
- Chancellor's & Powers-Knapp Scholarships - For high school seniors, applications are accepted annually from November 1st-February 1st.
- Accenture Scholarship Program for Minorities - For minorities pursuing engineering and other majors.
- CollegeBoard Scholarships - Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships here.
- Gates Millennium Scholarship (GMS) - The GMS Program selects 1,000 talented high school students each year to receive a scholarship to use at any college or university of their choice. Deadline is in January.
- GE Healthcare Diversity Scholarship Program - For high school seniors about to enter college in engineering and other majors.
- Great Lakes National Scholarship Program - For high school seniors about to enter college and continuing students in engineering and other majors.
- Golden Door Scholars - A nonprofit that raises scholarship funds for high-performing undocumented students.
- IEEE Power & Energy Society Scholarship - For a scholarship, internship, and Co-Op experiences. Apply as early as your freshmen year in college!
*Private scholarships are not affiliated with UW-Madison. For more information on those specific scholarships, please check out their individual websites.