Partners are an integral part of the Capstone Vision.
Strategic partners, from a wide variety of public and private sector entities, are essential to the Capstone Project Based Learning experience.
Through a cooperative win-win arrangement, these Partners furnish “real world” projects that provide students with an open ended design problem. This Project Based Learning provides a variety of experiences, significant challenges and real designer-client interaction for the student teams. Projects come from within a broad set of themes including general building design, transportation design and environmental design, but most often are interdisciplinary in nature.
The Capstone Partnership also facilitates interactions between UW faculty, researchers and students, and public and private partners, to address a wide range of design challenges for these regional businesses, government enterprises and institutions.
We have long standing relationship with many partners and continue to build relationships within industry and institutional opportunities.
- UW-Systems Administration
- UW-La Crosse
- Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
- City of Madison Engineering
- City of Madison Parks
- City of Madison Water Utility
- City of Middleton Engineering
- Placon Corp.
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Taliesin Preservation, Inc.
- The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Engineers Without Borders